Sunday, May 15, 2016

Clinch River Spring Antique Festival

Twice a year the little town of Clinton closes off a couple of roads and holds their antique festival.  We have gone two times and enjoyed meandering through the shops and booths, looking at the junk – oh, I mean “antiques”.  Really, what makes something an antique?  Most of the time we were saying “Oh, I had one of these” – I guess that means I’m an antique.

There aren’t any critters and I didn’t see fiber but the sun was shining and there was a breeze so that went a long way in making up for the deficits.  My husband enjoyed checking out the classic cars (maybe I’m not an antique – I’m a classic!).

 
I found a rusty spring.  I hear you laughing.  What do I need a rusty spring for?  Well, there are some patterns in punch needle projects (see, you knew I’d get fiber in here somehow) that are for bunnies or kitty cats.  You make it like a little pillow and attach it to the top of the spring.  I’ve seen them in magazines and had no clue as to where I could find one.  Lo and behold there they were – and for $2.  A bargain for sure.



For the most part though, things were overpriced.  I went looking for some old clay pots and actually found some gorgeous ones but rarely was the price less than $100.





Once our skin was a little sunburned and our calves were screaming from walking up the hill, we decided it was time to head home.  Along the way the urge for ice cream took over (don’t you just hate when that happens?).  Thank goodness for smart phones.  It led us The Chunky Monkey in Norris.



It is just a tiny place off the main road to Andersonville.  We were not the only ones who had the ice cream urge.  The place was packed, the picnic tables were full and unfortunately the workers were less than organized.  But it was delicious Mayfield ice cream.  I also saw (and smelled) the burgers and fries from their grill – perhaps next time.

All in all, a good road trip with the hubby.

Until the next one – stay warped,

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment